Computerised Brinell Impression Measurement System (B.I.M.S)
'BIMS' Hand held unit with PC based Window operating system
The B.I.M.S virtually eliminates operator influence
It is found that measuring Brine ll indentations can result in measurement
errors between operators. This B.I.M.S. can virtually eliminate operator
influence on test result.
The B.I.M.S. can be configured to meet your needs
An unlimited number of batches can be created each with its own test
parameters and certificates. The operator can select test load and
indentor size with arty name, address, certificate no. date batch no.
and description, high and low limits for readings etc. The previous
batches can be reopened for viewing and address change etc.
The B.I.M.S. has built in statistical capabilities with graph and
certificatefor report generation and printing. It includes frequency
distribution and variation graphs.
The systems includes calibration and check facilities to calibrate the
systems and for checking of calibration. This eliminates any systems
error in measurement.
Just place and click! Operating B.I.A.S is easy
With this handy instrument entire test sequence is simple. Place the scan
hand on the work piece on ‘Auto’ in tool bar on computer screen. The
B.I.M.S. automatically measures the diameter of indentation with
resolution of 0.01mm and display Brinell value with diameter
measurement. All data storage functions are autom atically
performed according to batch parameters
The software includes
Facility for Auto / semi Auto / Manual modes of operation.
Well managed database saves readings w.r.t. batch and certificate.
Report generation in the form of certif icate and graph as per customer
Facility for calibration and check of calibration
The range of Measurement is from 1mm to 6 mm of diameter with Resolution of
- To measure Brinell hardness directly on machine where presently Brinell Microscope is used. This avoids eye straining of operator on produc tion testing. In addition it gives far better repeated accuracy. High- low limits selections enables operator easy acceptance / rejection of components.
- Can be connected to Laptop or Desktop PC. Easy to carry anywhere and handy for use with easy setup.
Scope of Supply
- One hand held unit containing CCD Camera, optics and illumination systems with connecting cable
- External Video capture with USB 2 connectivity and drive software.
- Brinell Impression Measurement System (B.I.M.S.) software
- PC (Pentium 4) or LAPTOP and windows XP operating systems is to be procured by customer.
- One USB 2.0 and one RS232 (serial) interface (9 pin) is required. It is recommended for Laptop to use external USB to serial converter for RS232 interface.